Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Skulls on Parade. 'Bout time.



Years ago, I was up to no good in the streets of Tijuana and saw more than my fair share of curious objects. When the excitment and sun left my system, I was left with many a vague idea. One idea quickly became attached to that hidden macabre place in my mind. I had long cherished anatomy, taxidermy and all things of the animal kingdom. To me the next logical (or illogical) step was the mixture of gaudy and vibrant colors against the stark bleached bones that I had loved as a child.

After many treks to Tijuana and vast hours worked with a native craftsman, the first creations of the collection came into being. As the concept grew and my ideas grew wilder, I knew the fruits of my labor could not be confined to just my private collection. Having braved border guards, Tijiuana streets, double crossing merchants and three years of speculating, I'm pleased to finally introduce Skulls on Parade.

No comments: